Quest Support Services Inc. was established in the fall of 1993. It started as a Community Access Program offering daytime supports to 7 individuals in the Lethbridge area. Today Quest has grown to support nearly 150 children and adults living in Southern Alberta.
Quest receives its funding through various government bodies including: Disability Services, Southwest Alberta Child & Family Services, the Government of Nunavut as well as the Government of Yukon.
Quest employs over 300 staff, most of whom offer direct hands-on support to the people receiving services. We employ a diverse group of people, each who bring with them a unique set of skills and talents. Many of our staff come with experience as professionals such as retired teachers and nurses, others come to us excited to learn more about the disability sector. Our organization prides itself on offering tailored and unique supports which enhance the lives of various people of all abilities.
Founder & CEO
Mike began his career working frontline for a local agency. He founded Quest in 1993 and continues to provide guidance and leadership to the agency as a whole.
Darla joined the Quest team in 2003. She has worked in a variety of positions throughout the company. Dar works with each department in Quest to ensure that services align with the agency's vision and mission.
Director of Finance
Jeff has been offering accounting services to Quest for over a decade. In recent years, Jeff has joined the Quest management team and offers leadership in many areas including: financial management, computer technology, payroll, and day to day operations.
OUR MISSION & VISION
To provide quality services which enhance the lives of people with disabilities.
Breaking Barriers; Creating Opportunities
Inclusion: We empower people to become valuable, and contributing members of their communities.
Innovation: We embrace new ideas and creative planning.
Safety: We believe that we all share the benefits of a healthy and safe environment.
Respect: We value the diverse abilities, wishes, rights, and traditions of each other.
Collaboration: We strive to create an atmosphere that promotes trust to foster a team environment.
Excellence: We strive for a high standard of quality and achievement.
Personalization: We tailor our supports to the unique strengths of each person.
“However beautiful the strategy,
you should occasionally
look at the results.”
STRATEGIC PLAN 2019-2022
Every three years the Agency sets goals to achieve our Mission and work towards our Vision that we have adopted.
The goals we have established for 2019-2022 are:
Goal #1: Enhance Quest’s Health and Safety Culture
- Provide the funding and space for newsletter, social media posts, and program boards.
- Utilize newsletter, social media, program boards and website to increase safety awareness
- Secure funding for necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Management time and resources to review and develop Health and Safety related programming and procedures
- # of job descriptions that have been updated (goal of 100%)
- # of job descriptions created (goal of 2)
- Process created for on-boarding
- Safety flowcharts (goal of 3)
- Restructure the Health and Safety Department
- Identify job duties for each safety related position and update job descriptions
- Create job descriptions for Health and Safety Representatives and Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) members
- Review current Health and Safety practices to identify gaps and barriers
- Develop and/or update Health and Safety procedures
- Develop an on-boarding process with a focus on safety
- Organize current practices into flowcharts for ease of understanding
- Ensure all locations have necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Develop and implement lockdown procedure and mock drills for the organization
- Create and implement a rotating safety theme at team meetings
- Management time to audit new practices and safety related programming
- Commit to providing financial assistance to promote employee attendance at Health and Safety training sessions
- Provide funding to the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Management time to create assessment tool to evaluate agency practices
- # of audits completed (goal of 100%)
- # of 1 year + employees who have received Health and Safety training (goal of 85%)
- # of safety monitoring’s and spot checks completed (goal of 2 per month)
- # of leaders who have received Fostering Safe Work Environments training (goal of 85%)
- overall employees score an average of 60% on Health and Safety assessment
- Audit new practices and safety related programming to ensure desired outcomes
- Ensure that all employees have adequate Health and Safety training
- Implement Health and Safety monitoring or spot checks
- Implement onboarding process with a focus on safety
- Utilize Health and Safety Representatives and Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) members for training, awareness, auditing, and implementation of practices
- Adopt Health and Safety language and practices in day to day conversation
- Train leaders to Fostering Safe Work Environments
- Assess employee knowledge of agency Health and Safety practices
- Provide the funding and resources to attend professional development opportunities
- Provide funding for administrative costs associated with developing employee resource packages
- Provide management time to monitor every Quest site
- Provide management time to evaluate and cross reference 2 years of data from employee assessment forms
- # of professional opportunities attended (goal of 3)
- # of employees provided with the new resources package (goal of 100%)
- # of sites monitored (goal of 100%)
- overall employees score an average of 80% on Health and Safety assessment
- Participate in Health and Safety professional development opportunities
- Create resource packages for employees
- Monitor every Quest site for Health and Safety
- Assess employee knowledge of agency safety practices and compare data collected in Year Two
Goal #2: Enhance Quality of Services through Technology
- Management time to develop a secure agency database
- Management time for tagging and transition computers to Microsoft Office
- Provide the funding for computers for 1/3 of Living homes to receive computers and training
- Provide funding to purchase My Compass
- Management time for training on My Compass
- Management time to demo Human Resource/Payroll software
- # of Manager computers tagged and transitioned into Microsoft Office (Goal 100%)
- # of Quest Living locations utilizing computers and electronic documents (Goal of 33%)
- # of management members trained to use My Compass (Goal 100%)
- Develop a secure agency database for templates
- Develop an internal secure network between the 4 primary sites (VPN)
- Develop a 3-year budget for technology within the agency
- Implement computer use at 1/3 of Living homes
- Purchase My Compass
- Enhance security of electronic documents and files
- Enhance technology policy and procedure
- Determine the long-term Human Resource/Payroll software to utilize
- Provide the funding for computers for additional Living homes to receive computers
- Management time to provide training to DSW I/II on computer use
- Management time to provide training to DSW I/II on My Compass
- Management time to present at Agency Orientation
- Management time to update secure agency database
- # of Quest Living locations utilizing computers and electronic documents (Goal of 67%)
- # of My Compass training sessions hosted (Goal of 4)
- # of organizational documents transitioned onto One Drive (Goal of 100%)
- Implement computer use at additional Living homes
- Create Agency Orientation presentation
- Present at Agency Orientation
- Develop My Compass training
- Present My Compass training to employees
- Transition Quest documents/templates onto One Drive
- Provide the funding for computers for remaining Living homes to receive computers
- Management time to provide training to DSW I/II on computer use
- Management time to provide training to DSW II/I on My Compass
- Management time to develop online training courses
- # of Quest Living locations utilizing computers and electronic documents (Goal of 100%)
- # of employees trained to use My Compass (Goal of 100%)
- # of employee training courses transitioned to online (Goal of 2)
- Implement computer use at remaining Living homes
- Develop online training courses
- Implement online training courses
An educated, healthier and empowered workforce.
Enhanced person-centered supports.